To : Central Vigilance Commission,
A-Block, GPO Complex
INA, New Delhi - 110 023
TEL : 24651001-8
FAX : 24651010
Email : email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org
Sub: The Shipping Corporation of India Ltd., Mumbai
- THE MOST CORRUPT PUBLIC SECTOR COMPANY IN INDIA
FACTS & MODUS OPERANDI :-
1) VAT is not applicable to supplies/services to foreign flag ships. H'ever its claimed by almost all the SCI foreign port agents and allowed generously by the SCI Director (finance)
without any question/queriesor checks of disbursement accounts of the SCI foreign port agents. HUGE REVENUE DRAINS IN HARD CURRENCIES BY THE MANAGEMENT ITSELF.
2) Purchase of provisions/bonds in foreign ports average USD2000/- per month per ship was done through tender bids as per CVC guidelines by SCI/Mumbai Victualling Dept. order placement
with lowest bidder willing to supply on 30~45 days credit term. Effective 1st Oct 2008, SCI has switched over to cash purchase of provisions/bonds in foreign ports - IGNORING CVC
GUIDELINES BY MANAGEMENT TO GIVE FREE HAND TO FOREIGN PORT AGENTS ABOUT WHO SHOULD SUPPLY PROVISIONS TO SCI SHIPS IN FOREIGN PORTS & WHAT PRICE.
3) Annual rate contract for Deck/Engine/Saloon stores is concluded on estimated annual lifting budget cost of Rs.4 crores only. In reality annual billing of each contractor works out to
Rs.12 Crores. There are total four contractors. Against 4 Crores budget outlet, 48 Crores are paid per annum to cartel of four contractors, by the present Sr.Vice President (Bills),
protected by his God Father Director (finance) who too protected by his God Father - CMD
4) To facilitate such manipulation and cheatings, SCI concludes D/E/S annual rate contract without ISSA CODES.These codes are used by the shipping companies all over the world for past
ten years. These codes identifies properly each and every item of stores used by the ships YET UNKNOWN TO SCI MANAGEMENT
5) Whom to allow to do business with SCI and whom to kick out doing further business with SCI is decided by Senior Vice President (Bills).His Modus operandi - Bills of the suppliers/contractors
to be kicked out doing further business are unpaid for months without assigning any reason. Reminders by post or e-mails are just ignored. Indian representative of foreign party if
approached personally is allowed to talk to no one else in bills section except S.Vice President (Bills). Most of the time he is not available to hear such complaints. When available,
he kicks out visitor insulting come back with party's legal agreement that you are authorised to discuss and show it to my director (finance) There is system like TRACK YOUR INVOICE
adopted by another indian public sector company ONGC as per cvc/new delhi guidelines. FAILURE OF SCI CVO MR.SAGAR AN IPS OFFICER TO SEE SUCH EVIL OF SCI MANAGEMENT & BRING TRANSPARENCY
for which he is paid by india govt.
6) SCI management has introduced post retirement life time medical facilities to staff. This is used as leverage by the corrupt management of the SCI to keep shut the mouths of the
officials/staff even after retirment. If some staff/official after retirement of the SCI services attempts to disclose such facts, he/she is victimised in re-imbursement of post retirement
7) U'stand from the reliable source that CVO Mr.Balkrishnan, who wanted to bring transpaency to SCI/Mumbai was shunted away to Mazagon Docks Ltd. by the vested interests in SCI/Mumbai. Result
is performance of the MDL/Mumbai has improved under Mr.Bal Krishnan whereas whereas SCI/Mumbai has worsened under leadership of your IPS Officer Mr. Sagar.
8) This is breach of trust to SCI share holders as well and can lead to serious complications if issues raised at AGM Jai Hind, Vande Mataram !